We, the team at Dealodeal, value our relationship with you and other users of this website. We recognize that you may be concerned about our collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information that we may obtain when you use the website.
We want you to understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of any information we gather. We have created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. This document discloses our information gathering and usage practices. For additional information about Dealodeal, you can review our "Terms & Conditions".
In this policy, “Personal Information” means the same as it does in the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Commitment to Online Security
Your personal information is treated with the greatest of care and we work diligently to protect the security of your personal information.
Collection of Information
Dealodeal ("we" or "us") gather various information about customers and users of the Dealodeal website (the “Website”). Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website not being available to you.
This information can include:
- personal information, provided through registration details, use and the content you access on the website;
- personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- personal information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
- aggregated data, that tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, that is, pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information such as pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- information that ensures advertising is being shown to the most appropriate people and that limits the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
- information that enables you to enter our sites and use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
How Your Information May Be Shared, Used
Unless we are required to do so by law, we never sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purposes for which you gave it to us. There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information. Dealodeal may release personal information under the following circumstances and/or to the following parties:
- verification of your identity for use of the Website
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers and partners
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs
- to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users
- to enforce or apply our terms and conditions
- to provide further information to you about the Website or other websites we or our Affiliates own and services we or our Affiliates provide; and for any other uses that you authorise
- to deliver display advertisements intended to be relevant to your interests
- release is required or authorised by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a law enforcement agency or emergency services
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others
- For internal research purposes that relate to promoting and marketing analysis
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users and others
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Website and to whom you provide personal information whilst using the Website. Our Website contains links to other sites that may not follow our privacy policies. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Advertising and Third Party Ad Servers
Some of our advertisers/users/sellers use third party companies to serve advertisements when you visit the Website. These companies may request/use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites, including information gathered by cookies, in order to provide advertisements about Goods, Services or Vacancies of interest to you.
Member’s Right to Access and Correct Personal Information
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993,you have the right to access and correct your own personal information that is held by us, including changing your email address, password, phone number, etc. This assumes that we hold that information in a way that can be readily retrieved. You can access and correct your personal information under “My Account” at any time and as often as necessary
Our site's registration form requires you to provide us contact information and may also require demographic information. We may use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company and promotional material from some of our affiliated partners.
Our site and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the information.
When using this site IP addresses are recorded. This information will only be provided to legal authorities in cases of suspected fraud or for law enforcement purposes. This information is stored securely and will not be provided to other members or non-authorised parties.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website not being available to you.
Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary.
Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting our site, especially if you access our site from a shared computer.
As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
We do not permanently store, sell, or rent these email messages or the email addresses.
Nielsen Online - NZ Internet Statistics
We may use Nielsen//NetRatings website measurement software and systems to assist in tracking traffic patterns to and from our site, aggregating anonymous information about visits to our site and randomly and anonymously surveying users of our site. Nielsen//NetRatings is a leader in the internet industry in interactive measurement technologies and market research and its system is an accepted standard amongst major New Zealand internet sites. The system is used to collect information on our network such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the website when they do visit and common entry and exit points into and from the website.
Dealodeal uses 'session' cookies, which are removed from your computer once you leave. These are used so our service can remember that you have logged in already and prevent you doing so more frequently.
Dealodeal also uses ‘persistent’ cookies to personalise the user experience, to help protect our members and to provide us with research information.
The cookie file only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, Mac or Linux), Browser (e.g. Microsoft, Firefox or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the site from NZ or elsewhere). This file does not contain your username, your password and thus your personal privacy is protected.
If you wish to be removed from our database for any reason, simply send us an email requesting to be removed via our “Contact Us” page.
Updates to our Information Practices
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click on this web site:
Last Updated: 18 May 2015